Ontario Book Publishers
Ontario Book Publishers Organization (OBPO) is a trade association of 48 Ontario-based Canadian-owned book publishers.
Our main objectives include:
– Encouraging in particular the writing, publishing, distribution and promotion of books written by Canadian authors;
– Co-operating with other associations and organizations to further the reading and study of all books;
– Working for the development and maintenance of strong and competitive publishing houses owned and controlled both in Ontario and in the rest of Canada;
– Representing the interests of Ontario-based publishers in relations with public and private institutions in Canada and abroad;
– Facilitating the exchange of information amongst its members;
– Furthering professional training for individuals engaged in all aspects of publishing activity;
– Promoting the highest standards of professional conduct in the book publishing industry; and
– Co-operating with individuals, organizations and governments in pursuit of the objectives of the organization.
We fulfill our mandate through the following activities:
– Representing the needs, interests, concerns and issues of Ontario book publishers to government and arts organizations;
– Facilitating information sharing and educational opportunities to our membership about the provincial, national and international book publishing industries; and
– Facilitating group marketing projects (both domestic and international) at a reduced cost to our members.